Click here to go to the NEW Apnea Board Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NOTICE:
Apnea Board has moved to our NEW FORUM HOME.

New registrations on this old forum have been disabled. Read about it HERE.

While you may still read and SEARCH messages here at this old forum, we encourage you to REGISTER for a new member account on our new forum today!

CLICK HERE to register for an account on our new forum now!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HELP!! Remstar Plus M w/ CFlex Pressure Programming; How to program a NEW Remstar Plus M
Topic Started: Feb 5 2011, 10:14 PM (3,368 Views)
greglav
No Avatar
Help Please!

Looking to program the pressure on a new Remstar Plus M series with C Flex.

I've been a CPAP user for close to 10 years... I've used the same trusty remstar for that entire time with a pressure setting of 10. Unfortunately my humidifier died this year.

Even though I'm a long time user of CPAP I have to go for another sleep test before they will sell me a new machine and set the pressure (of course they don't have a problem renting me one temporarily). Unfortunately in my are a sleep test in a minimum of 3 month waiting time.

I was able to buy a Remstar Plus M Series with C Flex for the cost of a rental for the time it would take for a sleep test. I was hoping to program on my own... anybody know how?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Hi greglav - welcome to Apnea Board.

Please go to this web page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm

The Clinician Setup Manual for your machine is available on the above page, via direct download. Please read through the page, and I believe the download link is about halfway down the page - the link is labeled "Respironics REMstar Plus M Series".

It is this manual that provides directions for getting into the Clinician Setup Menu, to change pressures and other settings.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

zonk
Member Avatar

Hi greglav if you go to the top of page cpap clinican/setup manuals you find what you looking for and good luck.

greglav
No Avatar
Hey guys.. thanks for the responses...

My machine came with a SD card which I wasn't expecting. There is only one arrow key and a know so I suspect this is a brand new model.

Anybody worked with a machine that has a SD card?

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Yes, SD cards are a pretty common thing now for storing data. In order to read the data on the card, you'll need an SD card reader (you can get a cheap, but perfectly working one) for around $15 or so on Amazon or just about any store that sells electronics.

Also, for Respironics machines you'll need a copy of the software called EncoreViewer 2.0, which is for Windows computers. It usually sells online for around $100.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

greglav
No Avatar
Thanks SuperSleeper!

Do you know if the pressure setting is stored on the SD card with a program or is it setup in a similar way to the old machines? I only have one arrow key on my machine and a knob..

Thanks again!

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

greglav
Feb 9 2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks SuperSleeper!

Do you know if the pressure setting is stored on the SD card with a program or is it setup in a similar way to the old machines? I only have one arrow key on my machine and a knob..
I'm pretty sure it's like my ResMed machine and software, where you can set the pressure two ways: through the PC software, or directly on the machine, via the Clinician Setup Menu.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

DONATE to Apnea Board

stubbsonic
No Avatar
I have that machine with a data card, and it just requires a combination of holding two buttons down while powering up. Then you can adjust all the settings directly from the machine. You can also few the 7-day and 30-day averages for system leak and AHI numbers (for how many apnea events you are having).

Papa Goat
Member Avatar
greglav
Feb 9 2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks SuperSleeper!

Thanks again!
1 arrow key and one knob, are you sure its a REMstar Plus M?

It should look like this, the one on the left. Then lift the lid above the 3 buttons to open up to the two arrow keys and display. Press the two arrow keys at the same time while your plugging it in. I just use the plug in the back of the machine.

Posted Image
C.J.E

« Previous Topic · Click here to go to the Old Apnea Board Forum Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Click here to go to the Wiki Home

Click here to read our Privacy Policy

Follow ApneaBoard on Twitter

Copyright ApneaBoard.com - All Rights Reserved

Please help us if can

Apnea Board is an educational web site and we survive on the kindness of our members.

If you have benefited from our online CPAP setup instructions, manuals or the forum,

Please consider making a small donation to help pay for our increased bandwidth costs.

Click on the button below to donate using your credit card. (you do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card):

Donate to Apnea Board
Donate to Apnea Board

If you would rather donate by cash or check, please click on the button below:

Donate to Apnea Board by Cash or Check

www.ApneaBoard.com

The Apnea Board web site, forums, images, CPAP manuals & glossary are funded by member donations.