Click here to go to the NEW Apnea Board Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NOTICE:
Apnea Board has moved to our NEW FORUM HOME.

New registrations on this old forum have been disabled. Read about it HERE.

While you may still read and SEARCH messages here at this old forum, we encourage you to REGISTER for a new member account on our new forum today!

CLICK HERE to register for an account on our new forum now!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Machine Beeping after SmartCard Install--WHY?; Switched fromRespironicsBiPap Machine to REMstar Auto A-Flex machine, installed EncoreSmartCard now makes machine beep? WHY?
Topic Started: Dec 15 2010, 02:27 AM (1,335 Views)
clarkemorinw
No Avatar
When I switched from my old machine to my new machine, and installed the SmartCard. The lights blink on and off and the machine beeps. If I pull the Smart Card out, the machine stops beeping and works fine..but I don't think the Smart Card is reading anything.

How can I tell if the Smart Card is storing information? Why is the machine beeping when I push the Smart Card all the way in? How can I stop the machine from beeping?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

I have no idea... anyone here have a REMstar Auto M machine & can help to shed some light on this??

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

Papa Goat
Member Avatar
SuperSleeper
Dec 17 2010, 08:36 AM
I have no idea... anyone here have a REMstar Auto M machine & can help to shed some light on this??

I have one as a back up, I think the card is in wrong. I've put mine in up side down and had it beep on my ASV. Hum,,,,,,,let me go try it real quick on my M.......Yep, turn the card over the words point towards the outside of the machine with the white strip facing out. Just keep moving it around until it stops beeping.
C.J.E

« Previous Topic · Click here to go to the Old Apnea Board Forum Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Click here to go to the Wiki Home

Click here to read our Privacy Policy

Follow ApneaBoard on Twitter

Copyright ApneaBoard.com - All Rights Reserved

Please help us if can

Apnea Board is an educational web site and we survive on the kindness of our members.

If you have benefited from our online CPAP setup instructions, manuals or the forum,

Please consider making a small donation to help pay for our increased bandwidth costs.

Click on the button below to donate using your credit card. (you do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card):

Donate to Apnea Board
Donate to Apnea Board

If you would rather donate by cash or check, please click on the button below:

Donate to Apnea Board by Cash or Check

www.ApneaBoard.com

The Apnea Board web site, forums, images, CPAP manuals & glossary are funded by member donations.