Click here to go to the NEW Apnea Board Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NOTICE:
Apnea Board has moved to our NEW FORUM HOME.

New registrations on this old forum have been disabled. Read about it HERE.

While you may still read and SEARCH messages here at this old forum, we encourage you to REGISTER for a new member account on our new forum today!

CLICK HERE to register for an account on our new forum now!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PR's EncorePro v.2.2. Software; Downloading Encore Pro (latest version)
Topic Started: Jul 11 2010, 04:06 PM (6,618 Views)
Slinky
No Avatar
While many will be buying the patient oriented EncoreViewer 2.0 software, there are those of us who have purchased or obtained the professional version, EncorePro, now up to v.2.2

Since new software and I are seldom on the best of terms I had a devil of a time installing EP 2.2. While I have Win XP on my 'puter evidently I have kept it as updated as EP 2.2. would have liked. The installation instructions sent me to MS's website for some updates/drivers or whatever, some files I was to download before I could install EP 2.2 It quickly got confusing so I turned the installation over to my 'puter guru. FRUSTRATING since I was able to install Resmed's ResScan myself w/no difficulties and that is professional software as well.

I've had EP 2.2 up and running since 30 Mar 10. I've started this post for those of us using EP 2.2 to discuss any problems we encounter, any questions we may have, etc. Please join me!
Edited by Slinky, Jul 11 2010, 04:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Slinky
Jul 11 2010, 04:06 PM
While many will be buying the patient oriented EncoreViewer 2.0 software, there are those of us who have purchased or obtained the professional version, EncorePro, now up to v.2.2
How do you like EncorePro and EncoreViewer, as compared to ResScan 3.11?

Wondering how much you paid for EncorePro also?

Thanks for the info!! :D
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

Slinky
No Avatar
I DETEST and HATE EncorePro 2.2 But then there hasn't been a version of EncorePro that I have liked! Not even v.1.5.7 w/the MyEncore and EncoreAnalyzer freeware. the ONLY thing I do like about Encore is the Daily Events Per Hour table.

Resmed's AutoScan and now ResScan are MUCH better software in my opinion! Easier to install, easier to use, easier to understand.

I've never used EncoreViewer and I got my EncorePro "back channel" so to speak. Viewer 2.0 wasn't available when I got the PR S1 BPAP Auto, nor was the original Viewer available back when I used a Respironics pre-M Series Auto.
Edited by Slinky, Jul 11 2010, 10:54 PM.

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Thanks for this info, Slinky. Makes me glad I have an S9 AutoSet and ResScan.

:D
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Slinky
No Avatar
Ah, the bird to you too, SuperSleeper!!! *wicked grin* Resmed hasn't come out yet w/an S9 VPAP Auto. *sigh* Altho our local Resmed Rep said there will be one out before the end of the year. I'll see the Rep again near the end of this month and am hoping for more recent info.

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Slinky
Jul 12 2010, 12:42 PM
Resmed hasn't come out yet w/an S9 VPAP Auto. *sigh* Altho our local Resmed Rep said there will be one out before the end of the year. I'll see the Rep again near the end of this month and am hoping for more recent info.
I have done a big turnaround - I used to absolutely love Respironics equipment (still think they're great). My good old REMstar Pro with C-Flex was built like a tank and served me quite well for 5 years. I nearly came close to purchasing the new PR System One, but then after investigating the software availability and prices, plus all the praises of the new ResMed S9 series, including all the bells & whistles, I changed my way of thinking.

Too bad also, because I still believe Respironics is a great company - they just missed the boat when it came to competition between their PR machines and the ResMed S9s - making ResScan 3.11 somewhat easy to freely download was a major plus for most informed CPAP users. To be honest, that really was the deciding factor for my purchase.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

DONATE to Apnea Board

dcsnarfer
No Avatar
Hi,

Does anybody know the pathway to getting the latest Encore Pro software, not the viewer but the full blown clinician software. Looking to use with PR System One Bipap Auto.

Thanks!

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Howdy, dcsnarfer!

Pretty sure that anywhere "normal CPAP users" get the Encore Pro software, it will not be a legitimate legal copy, since I believe Respironics will only ship the software to a medical facility that is verifiable. There is always a risk that if you do download a pirated copy from a torrent or file sharing network, you will end up with a virus-laden installation. I'm pretty sure that Encore Pro & EncoreViewer are not compatible with Windows 7 either, you probably have to install on Windows 2000, XP or Vista.

The EncoreViewer 2.0 software is does not offer the full range of analysis tools that the Pro version offers, but it can be purchased for around $100 online.

I feel a bit safer using my ResScan software from ResMed, since the download link is directly from the resmed.com domain. That's why I went with a ResMed machine and switched from Respironics.

If you do find a download link for EncorePro, be very careful and scan the software with an up-to-date virus scanner prior to installation, and do a full virus scan of your computer after installation.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

DONATE to Apnea Board

Escabar
No Avatar
Where do I find a copy of this for free on the Internet.? Either for encore viewer or encore pro?

Thanks

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Escabar
Oct 7 2010, 09:15 PM
Where do I find a copy of this for free on the Internet.? Either for encore viewer or encore pro?

Thanks
It's not available for free legally as far as I know. It may be available via BitTorrent (read more about BitTorrent File Sharing, but I would advise against this, as any illegal copy you download has a risk of carrying a virus with it.

Apnea Board does not condone illegal software sharing. We do allow the ResScan software link info to be distributed here because ResMed is distributing the software freely themselves, on their own web site. But we can't distribute something on Apnea Board illegally.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

DONATE to Apnea Board

BonesX
No Avatar
I have not been involved with the xpaps or this board very long compared to the veterans here, but have been in the technical side of computers and communications for a long time. If you download the Encoreviewer then that is stealing. Now if you download EncorePro you cannot steal something that is free and does not have a price tag. I just bet if you go to the place to download the EncorePro and fill out the registration form honestly do not lie use all correct personal info and come up with an account number in you own mind, you may just get an email with a welcome and the download links. Oh if you make a mistake on the registration form the help is very good.

DO NOT try the torrents especially for 2.4 one of three things will happen, you will get a partial file but not the last couple of KB, a virus, or directed to a pay site that you must use a credit card for and they will charge you for 3 years service and no way to cancel the charge. BTW you will not get the download either.

Good Luck..... BX

Good-Sleeper
Member Avatar
This is the latest version that I am aware of Encore Pro 2 ver 2.4.12.2
runs great on Windows 7 Pro, the version I have is for 64 bit operating system ONLY
no problems WHAT SO EVER :P
Edited by Good-Sleeper, Jan 2 2011, 02:14 PM.

Steven
Member Avatar

SuperSleeper
Jul 11 2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks for this info, Slinky. Makes me glad I have an S9 AutoSet and ResScan.

:D
I have had my Respironics REMstar Pro with C-Flex since 12-31-03 (7 years now).
I almost bought a ResMed then because of the stats it could produce for me directly, but shyed away from it at the last minute because I did not like the humidifier made for it.
Sleep Center did then & still pushes the Respironics brand, but I do have the final say in purchasing what I want. Their prescription does not specify a brand.

Am considering a new CPAP & am again leaning towards the ResMed for the same reason.

What hoops does one have to jump through to have the Sleep Center Doctor write a prescription for and the insurance company agree to pay for an Auto CPAP as oppossed to a straight CPAP?

What is the "approximate" price difference between the two?

I am in a fairly large Blue Cross / Blue Shield PPO which is pretty tough in setting the prices they will pay to the supplier for anything it covers.
So, even if they will not pay for an Auto CPAP, at the very least I could pay 100% of the difference in price after Blue Cross discounts that price to what they would have paid if they would have paid for the Auto CPAP.
Edited by Steven, Jan 4 2011, 06:20 PM.

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

StevenXXXX
Jan 4 2011, 06:07 PM
What hoops does one have to jump through to have the Sleep Center Doctor write a prescription for and the insurance company agree to pay for an Auto CPAP as oppossed to a straight CPAP?

What is the "approximate" price difference between the two?
Hi Steven!

Don't think there's much in the way of "hoop jumping"... it's really a matter of sticking to your guns and insisting that the sleep doctor write a script for a specific machine, for instance "ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP, pressure setting 14.0" or something like that, with the "no substitutions" box checked on the prescription itself.

If done this way, your insurance cannot fill the prescription with anything other than what the doctor prescribed from what I understand.

Price wise, the difference between a ResMed S9 AutoSet and a ResMed S9 Escape (standard CPAP) is about $100 or so. I think the extra $100 is well worth the price, even if you have to pay it yourself, since the AutoSet offers so much more in features and flexibility.

If you need info on why an auto-CPAP machine is much better than a standard straight-pressure CPAP, read through this page below and then go armed with this info to your sleep doctor:

http://www.apneaboard.com/APAP.htm

Hope this helps!

:)

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

DONATE to Apnea Board

Steven
Member Avatar

THANKS for the quick reply.

You stated:
If done this way, your insurance cannot fill the prescription with anything other than what the doctor prescribed from what I understand.

You are right of course - but agreeing to pay for what was prescribed is another story.
I can almost guarantee that my Blue Cross / Blue Shield PPO will say that an Auto CPAP is not proven to be better than a straight CPAP & therefore is not covered.

Hopefully, even they will not let the $100 difference get in the way, but if they do, "I" will pay 100% of that difference just to get the Auto CPAP.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Click here to go to the Old Apnea Board Forum Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Click here to go to the Wiki Home

Click here to read our Privacy Policy

Follow ApneaBoard on Twitter

Copyright ApneaBoard.com - All Rights Reserved

Please help us if can

Apnea Board is an educational web site and we survive on the kindness of our members.

If you have benefited from our online CPAP setup instructions, manuals or the forum,

Please consider making a small donation to help pay for our increased bandwidth costs.

Click on the button below to donate using your credit card. (you do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card):

Donate to Apnea Board
Donate to Apnea Board

If you would rather donate by cash or check, please click on the button below:

Donate to Apnea Board by Cash or Check

www.ApneaBoard.com

The Apnea Board web site, forums, images, CPAP manuals & glossary are funded by member donations.