Click here to go to the NEW Apnea Board Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NOTICE:
Apnea Board has moved to our NEW FORUM HOME.

New registrations on this old forum have been disabled. Read about it HERE.

While you may still read and SEARCH messages here at this old forum, we encourage you to REGISTER for a new member account on our new forum today!

CLICK HERE to register for an account on our new forum now!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ResScan 3.16 Software Discussion & Download link; New 3.16 Version NOW AVAILABLE
Topic Started: Apr 21 2010, 01:58 PM (92,559 Views)
Katie
Member Avatar

zonk
Aug 5 2011, 04:37 AM
Hi Papa Dingo welcome Aboard
Google rescan clinician manual pdf come up with the 3.10 version may be others have the latest one :
http://www.apneuvereniging.nl/forum/pdf/ResScanClinicianManual.pdf

Hi Zonk

The manual at the link is for an older version of ResScan (version 3.10). The current version of ResScan is 3.14 (as of today anyway). :)

The most current version of the ResScan manual is also included when you install the program.

Mine is at:

c:\program files\resmed\ResScan3\ResScan Clinician's Manual.pdf

If you use the one in your "resmed" directory you'll always be using the same version that matches up with the version of ResScan you've installed.

Katie

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bwexler
Member Avatar
I would love to get the link to ResScan 3.14.

Please send it to: (email address removed for your protection)

Edited: removed your email address Bob. You don't want to get spammed. See my note below on how to get the software.
Edited by Katie, Aug 5 2011, 10:08 PM.

Katie
Member Avatar

bwexler
Aug 5 2011, 09:32 PM
I would love to get the link to ResScan 3.14.

Please send it to: (email address removed for your protection)
Hi Bob!

Log into your Apnea Board account, then go to this members-only link for instructions on how to get ResScan:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Apnea_Board/topic/8491317/1/

:D
Katie

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

zonk
Member Avatar

zonk
Aug 5 2011, 04:37 AM
Hi Papa Dingo welcome Aboard
Google rescan clinician manual pdf come up with the 3.10 version may be others have the latest one :
http://www.apneuvereniging.nl/forum/pdf/ResScanClinicianManual.pdf

The 3.13 manual pdf available in the private files & links .

bwexler
Member Avatar
I get the following error message when I attempt to install ResScan 3.14:

ResScan requires that your computer is running Windows 98 SE or Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 or Windows XP

I am running windows XP Pro 64 Bit Service Pack 2

I had the same problem with ResScan 3.12 and 3.13
I have installed windows XP Pro 32 bit on a seperate hard drive on the same machine, only to run ResScan software.
This is annoying but it works. :annoyed:
Any insight to a solution would be great. :love-apnea-board: :thanks:

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

bwexler
Aug 7 2011, 07:41 PM

ResScan requires that your computer is running Windows 98 SE or Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 or Windows XP

Some have had issues when installing ResScan with 64-bit WindowsXP... it seems to install fine using 64-bit Windows7, however. I have run ResScan 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.13 and 3.14 successfully in Windows7 64-bit.

As one possibility, you could attempt to run ResScan in "Compatibility Mode", which is a function in WinXP & Win7 that allows 32 bit programs to run okay in 64 bit systems.

The "Compatibility Mode" of ResScan can be modified by opening the program Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and set the "Compatibility mode" to the requested Operating System. This will "fool" the application into thinking it is running on one of the other OSs. This does not work in every instance, however.

Go to Microsoft's site HERE for detailed info on running programs using Compatibility Mode.

Also, here is a thread that you might want to read through:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Apnea_Board/topic/8425323/1/

Let us know if you find a solution that works.

:)
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

DONATE to Apnea Board

chowell114
No Avatar
Hi there,

I followed the instructions and downloaded the application file to install the ResScan 3.14 software. However when I try to install it, it tells me the file is corrupt. I tried downloading it twice from the ResMed site... still got "file is corrupt". Any help you can offer would be much appreciated, or if someone could email the file to me, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!

Colleen

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

chowell114
Aug 14 2011, 05:02 PM
I followed the instructions and downloaded the application file to install the ResScan 3.14 software. However when I try to install it, it tells me the file is corrupt. I tried downloading it twice from the ResMed site... still got "file is corrupt". Any help you can offer would be much appreciated, or if someone could email the file to me, I would very much appreciate it.
Hi Colleen, welcome to Apnea Board!

Emailing the file is impossible, it's 173 Megabytes, which no standard email service on the planet will be able to handle.

Others have experienced the exact same problem and it's an issue with your Internet connection, not at the ResMed servers.

It's probably timing out in the download, leaving an install file that is corrupted. I would try downloading the file very late at night (after 11 pm) or very early in the morning (before 9 am local time) - when your Internet Service Provider is less busy. You're less likely to get bottleneck issues (and associated downloading problems) at those times.

Prime-time afternoon and evening weekday hours are terrible for downloading large files like this.

Make sure you delete the corrupted file you previously downloaded prior to attempting to download again. After re-downloading, check the file size again and make sure it's around 173 MB.

Also, once downloaded successfully, during the install, it may ask you if you want to install the ResMed drivers. DO NOT INSTALL THEM.

Let us know how it goes. :)
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

DONATE to Apnea Board

Otter
Member Avatar
bwexler
Aug 7 2011, 07:41 PM

I had the same problem with ResScan 3.12 and 3.13
I have installed windows XP Pro 32 bit on a seperate hard drive on the same machine, only to run ResScan software.
This is annoying but it works. :annoyed:
Any insight to a solution would be great. :love-apnea-board: :thanks:
I have the same problem. I'm not sure, but I believe the problem is that I allowed it to install drivers the first time I tried to install. The drivers are 32 bit, and won't work on xp x64. However, they're not needed for an s9. The drivers are for the s8's smartcard reader.

Theoretically, I should be able to uninstall and reinstall without the driver. But do not get the option not to install the driver, which I'm told should be there. My suspicion is that the uninstaller left something behind. I could dig into the registry, or find out the file name of the driver and search for it. I could also use system restore, but I was an OSA zombie when I first tired to install, and that didn't occur to me. It's been months now, and I don't really want to revert that far back, or put much effort into searching. Hence, I just use SleepyHead, which is very good and getting better. You might want to try system restore to before you tried to install the first time, though, and if it asks about drivers, just say no.

BTW, I tried running the installer in all the compatibility modes, and it made no difference.

snotts60
No Avatar
Hi I am new to this site and only been using a cpap machine for 1 yr now.
My problem is that I downloaded the ReScan 3.14 2 days ago to my laptop, it works great but yesterday I scanned the SD card for that days details, that was ok but last night when I went to use my machine it says the SD card is invalid and asks me if I want to erase the card data, I say no, so then it comes up with the message that I must remove the SD card and the machine wont work while the card is in it.
I had to remove the card before my machine would work.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem as I cant record any data on it now.

zonk
Member Avatar

Hi snotts60 Welcome to Apnea Board Forum
It did happen to me before , you have to say yes to erase the data otherwise the machine won,t accept the SD card anyway the SD card don,t hold more than 7 days of detailed data and the machine hold all the data (you can check the sreen LCD sleep report) you can try to lock the SD card when downloading and don,t forget to unlock it in the machine .
Good Luck .

snotts60
No Avatar
Hi Zonk, thanks for getting back to me.
If I say yes to erase the data on the SD card will my sleep tech be able to get enough data from my SD card when I see him in 2 months time.

It was the detailed data that I was interested in seeing, just curiosity more than anything else.
I was scared to say yes to erase the in case my sleep tech couldnt gather enough data from it.
Freaked me out a bit last night to be honest, I removed the card and used the machine without it but of course I still want to see whats happening each night more than the basic details the machine tells me.

Thanks for your help its very much appreciated.

Otter
Member Avatar
If you don't want to erase the card, you can buy a new one at Walmart, Target, and the like for about $10. You want a standard SD card, no SDHC. SDXC, etc. The card you have now is probably 1GB, but odds are the smallest you'll find is 2GB. That's okay, it'll work fine.

When you put the new card in, the S9 will ask to erase or format it, select yes and you're good to go. When it's time to go see the tech, take both cards. The therapy data from your early sessions won't mean much to him, but it may simplify things if he can read the compliance data.

If you want to look at your data again, use the write protect slider on the card to keep software on your computer from making any changes. That may not be what happened, but it's an easy thing to prevent.

zonk
Member Avatar

snotts60
Aug 15 2011, 08:24 PM
If I say yes to erase the data on the SD card will my sleep tech be able to get enough data from my SD card when I see him in 2 months time .
Otter gave you good suggestions , last time i took my laptop with me for the doctor to check the download and at times have emailed report to my cardiologist he wanted to check on me .
Edited by zonk, Aug 16 2011, 04:34 AM.

gibsonlp
No Avatar
Hi,
I followed the instructions on the download page and never got a mail back... any suggestions?

Thanks!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Click here to go to the Old Apnea Board Forum Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Click here to go to the Wiki Home

Click here to read our Privacy Policy

Follow ApneaBoard on Twitter

Copyright ApneaBoard.com - All Rights Reserved

Please help us if can

Apnea Board is an educational web site and we survive on the kindness of our members.

If you have benefited from our online CPAP setup instructions, manuals or the forum,

Please consider making a small donation to help pay for our increased bandwidth costs.

Click on the button below to donate using your credit card. (you do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card):

Donate to Apnea Board
Donate to Apnea Board

If you would rather donate by cash or check, please click on the button below:

Donate to Apnea Board by Cash or Check

www.ApneaBoard.com

The Apnea Board web site, forums, images, CPAP manuals & glossary are funded by member donations.