Click here to go to the NEW Apnea Board Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NOTICE:
Apnea Board has moved to our NEW FORUM HOME.

New registrations on this old forum have been disabled. Read about it HERE.

While you may still read and SEARCH messages here at this old forum, we encourage you to REGISTER for a new member account on our new forum today!

CLICK HERE to register for an account on our new forum now!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I need to change my Remstar Plus C-Flex level! HELP!; Help Change CMh20
Topic Started: Mar 29 2010, 12:32 PM (10,614 Views)
filmguyjohn
No Avatar
Hey guys,

Can anyone help me change my CMH20 level on my REMSTAR PLUS C-FLEX???

It's way too high and I can't even use it.

I am looking on these forums as well to see if there are any answers.

Please help, I want to be able to go to sleep.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Hi John and welcome!

To get into the clinician's setup mode in most older REMstar Series CPAP machines follow these steps:

1. unplug the power cord from the back of the CPAP machine
2. hold down both the left and right arrow keys while simultaneously plugging in the power supply
3. once the device beeps twice, you can release the buttons

After you hear the two beeps, you'll see the word setup in the lower right corner of the LCD screen. When you select setup you'll be in the clinician's mode where you can adjust every feature of the CPAP machine, including the pressure setting.

If your machine is one of the newer PR System One REMstar machines, here's how to get into those:

Supply power to the device: first, plug the socket end of the AC power cord into the power supply. Then plug the pronged end of the AC power cord into an electrical outlet that is not controlled by a wall switch. Finally, plug the power supply cord's connector into the power inlet on the back of the device. Once the device is powered, the home screen appears (it is a large box on the screen with four little boxes you choose from by turning the control wheel). Turn the wheel to toggle between the 4 options and highlight "setup". Once setup is highlighted press and hold both the control wheel and ramp button on the device for at least 5 seconds. You will hear a double beep and the provider mode screen will appear. Also, you should remove the smart card prior to making adjustments, otherwise it will revert to the previous settings.

Hope this helps!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

filmguyjohn
No Avatar
It works! THANKS!!!!

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

Also wanted to add, I recently learned that some older, REMstar Plus machines don't have the two "user buttons" (left and right arrow keys) on the top of the machine. These older (usually non-C-Flex) models only have 3 buttons (instead of 5): a RAMP button, a HUMIDIFIER button and an ON-OFF button.

If you have one of those, here's instructions on how to get into the setup menu:

Plug the pronged end of the power cord into an electrical outlet. To enter the Therapy Setup Menu, hold both the ramp button and pressure-on/off button down while plugging the power cord into the device. The airflow will automatically start, and the display screen will show the current elevation setting and the unlock symbol.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

« Previous Topic · Click here to go to the Old Apnea Board Forum Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Click here to go to the Wiki Home

Click here to read our Privacy Policy

Follow ApneaBoard on Twitter

Copyright ApneaBoard.com - All Rights Reserved

Please help us if can

Apnea Board is an educational web site and we survive on the kindness of our members.

If you have benefited from our online CPAP setup instructions, manuals or the forum,

Please consider making a small donation to help pay for our increased bandwidth costs.

Click on the button below to donate using your credit card. (you do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card):

Donate to Apnea Board
Donate to Apnea Board

If you would rather donate by cash or check, please click on the button below:

Donate to Apnea Board by Cash or Check

www.ApneaBoard.com

The Apnea Board web site, forums, images, CPAP manuals & glossary are funded by member donations.